This privacy statement outlines what personal information we collect, how we store, use and share it, and how you can access or correct your personal information.
We deal with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time. This statement was last updated on 24 January 2022.
Your personal information
Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information that we need in order to deliver our services to you. We collect personal information directly from you when you access our services or engage with us through our websites.
Information collected from you
If you access any of our services (including registering a team, responding to surveys, attending an event, signing up for our newsletters), we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name and contact details.
- Age, gender ethnicity, school and any other demographic information you provide to us.
- Your address or region.
- Your comments.
- Survey results and responses, when you participate in any of our surveys.
- Any correspondence with staff
- Website activity.
- Transaction history.
- Any other information you choose to provide us.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information”.
Information collected from third parties
In some instances, we may collect information from a third party. For example, when a school or teacher registers a student for an upcoming event or programme.
Using your personal information
In order to deliver our events and programmes we use your personal information in the ways set out below. If we need to use information in a way not outlined below, we will only do so if required or permitted by law or with your authorisation.
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with any products and services you request or sign up for.
- Contact you to clarify relevant details, or to respond to any of your enquiries.
- Invoice you, or receive payment from you, for any of our services that require payment.
- Target or customise our marketing and advertising.
- Tell you about our new programmes, products, events and campaigns. For example, if you are opted-in to email marketing communications we may email you to let you know about new content you may be interested in.
- Contact you to advise you of changes to our terms and conditions, services or new products or promotions.
For all our marketing emails, you can choose to remove yourself from receiving these communications by following the “unsubscribe” prompt at the bottom of each email.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to deliver our services to you (such as for computing and storage purposes, for event management purposes).
Third parties, some of which are based overseas, which we share your personal information with include:
- MailChimp, for marketing automation and email marketing.
- Google Analytics and Google Ad Manager, for targeted advertising.
- Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube), for targeted advertising.
We do not authorise third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them. All third parties, which we disclose your personal information to, are subject to obligations under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 to protect your information from unauthorised use or disclosure.
We do not share your personal information with any overseas providers which are not subject to the New Zealand Privacy Act. If we were to do so, we would obtain prior authorisation from you before we disclose it to any such third parties.
How we store and protect personal information
We store your personal information we collect from you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act and take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. We use trusted third-party providers to store and process our data
We retain personal information only for as long as we need it in order to continue to provide you with our service(s), maintain the security of our websites or as required by law.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect is protected against loss, unauthorised access and disclosure or any other misuse.
Event Photography & Video
By attending an event you consent to EVolocity or third parties appointed by EVolocity to photograph and film you. EVolocity or third parties appointed by EVolocity can broadcast, publish, license and use any photographs, film, recordings and images of you without compensation.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular content); and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
Third party cookies and other technologies: We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This may include:
- Remarketing and emails: at times we may use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics– to keep track of the content you’re interested in and remarket it to you when you leave our site
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site.
You can also ask your browser to delete or block third party cookies: simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions.
Links to other websites
Our websites provide links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the content of those sites. We do not necessarily endorse any third party sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to request access to and correct any personal information we hold about you at any time. Please email [email protected]
Rights of access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We will also take steps to verify your identity before providing you with any requested personal information.
Asking us to stop using your information
You can ask us to stop using your information. However, if you ask us to stop using your information, we may not be able to provide you with all our services, such as emailing you newsletters and updates.