While Auckland teams may not be able to race their vehicles for 2021, we will still be judging electric bikes and karts, and award trophies for the following competition categories:
- Best Report
- Best Video
- Best Overall Vehicle
- Innovation Challenge Award – Collection and Display of Performance Data
- Innovation Challenge Award – Engineering Excellence and Innovation
- Earth Care Award
- Show Stoppers Award
We are thrilled to announce the Royal New Zealand Air Force is delighted to sponsor the Best Report and Best Video categories for our 2021 EVolocity Auckland Awards! The winning teams will:
- Spend a day at RNZAF Base Auckland, Whenuapai
- Meet the pilots, crew and engineers of No. 6 Squadron
- Experience what it’s like to fly an Air Force SH-2G(I) Super Seasprite Helicopter in the No. 6 Squadron Flight Simulator
This is an incredible opportunity to get up close and learn about this amazing military aircraft, get first-hand experience about how it operates as well as meet the people who fly it and perform the maintenance.
Who are the Judges?
Senior members of the University of Auckland’s Engineering faculty will judge the competitions and they are:
- Dr. Kevin Sowerby, Head of Electrical, Computer and Software Engineering
- Prof. Krishnan Jayaraman, Head of Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics
- Dr. Duleepa Thrimawithana, Senior Lecturer, Department of Electrical, Computer and Software Engineering
How to Enter
Submit a Team Video
All teams are invited to submit a video (maximum 10 mins). The video should showcase all aspects of your vehicle (it doesn’t matter if it’s not finished), team members can describe specific features and discuss their build journey including what worked, what didn’t and how you overcame those challenges, what you enjoyed about building your vehicle and highlight what you learned during the process.
Submit a Technical Report (Optional)
Here are the guidelines for your report. This category is not compulsory however we encourage teams to include a report to support your video and further describe and elaborate on the process of your vehicle build.
The Judging Process
Our judges will review your videos and reports, then shortlist 5 finalist teams who will be invited to participate in an online panel interview with our judges.
- Winning teams of each category will receive a trophy
- Certificates will be presented to teams in 2nd and 3rd place
- Teams placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be announced in EVs & Beyond, one of New Zealand’s leading EV and clean transportation publications
Deadline for Entries
Please email your video and/or report to [email protected]
Entries close on Wednesday 20 April at 5pm.
Bridgestone EVolocity Auckland Compilation Video
If you have any questions get in touch [email protected] Remember your vehicle doesn’t have to be finished, teams will also be judged on their ideas and concepts, design elements, challenges you overcame and what you learned.
Good luck everyone and we can’t wait to see the amazing vehicles you have designed and built!